Sailing trip on Atyla ship:
Klaipeda – Szczecin (Baltic Regatta 2021)
Embarkation: 24th of July at 17:00 — Klaipeda
Disembarkation: 2th of August at 11:00 — Szczecin
The last leg of between sea festivals in the Baltic. Enjoy the beautiful parade on board Atyla, and sail 500 nautical miles from Lithuania, around the south of Sweden and to Poland before entering the famous Szczecin Lagoon!
Hosted by two wonderful cities, the last leg of this Tall Ships Festival promises to be an incredible trip. You will join Atyla in Klaipeda, a city with a deeply ingrained maritime history. After meeting the crew and learning the first things about basic safety, you can set out with your shipmates to experience the last day of the festival.
On the 25th of July, the voyage will start. We will depart from Klaipeda together with the other ships during a sailing parade. Then we will sail around the Baltic visiting places like the southern coast of Sweden, or the islands of Öland and Gotland before going to Poland.
During the trip, you will not only take part in sail training, but you will also be able to enjoy Atyla’s challenges and improve your life skills, making the journey even more exciting and meaningful.
After almost a week at sea, and sailing through the impressive Szczecin Lagoon, we will arrive in Szczecin; the ‘Floating Garden’ of Poland. This major seaport has an abundance of canals, greenery and lovely architecture.
Taking advantage of our amazing mooring location, next to the astonishing Chrobry Embankment and the National Museum, you'll be able to explore the city and enjoy the lively activities of the festival, such as the Crew Parade and the Crew Party.
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Participation in the Sailing Parade going out of Klaipeda.
- Participation in the crew-only activities in Szczecin, including the crew parade and the crew party.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla t-shirt (fair trade & organic cotton).
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Duration of the trip: 9 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 500NM (~940km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, special drinks.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- If you are coming from far away, you can fly to the airport of Palanga and then take a taxi or a bus to Klaipeda. After the trip you can fly back home directly from Szczecin, or from Berlin (2.5 hours away).
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what a "private bunk bed" is, about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on this page.