COVID-19 (Coronavirus) protocol in place:
- Fair cancellation policy: To prevent infected people from joining out of fear of losing their money.
- Reduction of the number of people joining the trips: We normally allow a maximum of 80 people on board for day trips and 24 for longer trips. Right now the capacity is reduced to 12 people + the permanent crew.
General measures aboard the ship:
- Pre-embarkation Covid-19 form for prevention and traceability: It must be filled out by every person embarking on the ship.
- Increased cleaning measures: The ship is cleaned regularly with a cleaning product that kills viruses. When cleaning, we take special care of surfaces that are often touched.
- Hand-sanitizing: The first thing we do with people entering the ship is giving them hand-sanitizing liquid. We ask everyone on board to wash their hands regularly, and especially before the meals.
Measures for long trips (Atyla.org/trips):
- Temperature check-up of the people embarking.
- Antigen tests for everyone embarking. Atyla ship Foundation covers the cost of this test.
- Regular temperature check-ups of everyone on board during the trip.
- Action protocol for navigation: We have a full protocol of actions to be taken on board in cases of infections of any crew member. The permanent crew is trained and informed of what to do and will inform participants accordingly.
- Reduction or elimination of public visits and events in port to reduce the chances of infection. In case that an event or visits are arranged during your stay on board, you’ll be informed in advance, and will be given the chance of leaving the ship or staying inside the ship during that time. Visitors never go into the private quarters of the people living on board.
Measures that could be added to the protocol:
In case the number of deaths due to Covid-19 doesn’t go down, and the legal restrictions for activities like ours rise, apart from following the laws and the requirements of the health authorities, we might implement some or all of the following measures (of course, everyone involved will be informed accordingly):
- Extra awareness of the distances kept between the people on board, and with people from outside the ship.
- PCR tests: For everyone embarking (unless they are vaccinated). In this case, participants will have to cover the costs of the test themselves. We can help arrange the test for you if necessary. We cover the costs of testing our permanent crew.
- Face masks on board: We hope not to have to implement this measure, but it has to be on this list in case things get very bad. Even if implemented, this rule would most probably be to only require the masks when inside the ship, not when on deck.
Hopefully, we won’t have to implement most of these measurements, but health and safety come always first. In any case, come back to this page before starting your trip to see the exact measurements that will be implemented on your voyage.