Sailing trip on Atyla ship:
Harlingen – Falmouth (TSR 2021)
Embarkation: 10th of August at 17:00 — Harlingen
Disembarkation: 18th of August at 11:00 — Falmouth
Sail Atyla from the Netherlands to the UK, follow the wind and enjoy anchoring somewhere along the way. Join the first port of the Tall Ships Races Magellan-Elcano and the celebrations in Falmouth. NO VISA NEEDED FOR EU/UK CITIZENS.
This voyage will take you from Harlingen through the English Channel, all the way to Falmouth.
During this trip, we will have enough time to do one or two stops (either at anchor or in small harbours), probably along the coast of the UK, but depending on the weather maybe also in France. If covid restrictions are still in place, we'll just drop at anchor to avoid the hustle of touching land.
If the weather allows it, we will try to sail a bit around the Isle of Wight, to enjoy the beautiful sights of the shore from the ship, and enjoy a stop there as well.
Regardless of how the trip is, we will have plenty of time to fully enjoy the pleasures that come with living on board. You will experience the watch systems, intercultural relationships, amazing food, etc. Moreover, we will use the challenges we come across as opportunities to learn and give the trip more meaning.
On the 16th of August we’ll arrive in the centre of Falmouth after entering through its natural harbour.
Before disembarking, you can spend 2 more days on board, enjoying the Tall Ships Festival and visiting the many participant ships as part of Atyla’s crew.
You can also enjoy the culture of the city itself. Falmouth is bound to the sea by a rich maritime history, and you can visit the National Maritime Museum, the 16th-century Pendennis Castle or the sub-tropical Trebah gardens.
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Participation in the crew-only activities in Falmouth, including the crew parade and the crew party.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla t-shirt (fair trade & organic cotton).
- Official TSR Magellan-Elcano t-shirt.
- According to the after-Brexit laws, EU citizens don't need a visa to travel to the UK and viceversa. Official info here.
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Duration of the trip: 8 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 925NM (~500km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, special drinks.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- If you are coming from far away, you can easily fly to Amsterdam (2 hours away). To fly back home, either go to Cornwall Airport in Newquay (1 hour away) for flights via London or Dublin. Or go to Bristol (2 hours away) for direct flights to anywhere in Europe.
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what a "private bunk bed" is, about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on this page.