Sailing trip on Atyla ship:
Coruña – Lisbon (Tall Ships Races Magellan-Elcano 500 Series 2021)
Embarkation: 28th of August at 17:00 — Coruña
Disembarkation: 4th of September at 11:00 — Lisbon
Join Atyla for a trip along the west coast of the Iberian Peninsula, with a sailing parade leaving Coruña, along with the rest of the fleet, and with high chances of favourable winds.
After arriving at Atyla, you will be welcomed by the crew and your shipmates for the upcoming voyage. To prepare you for the trip, you will be taught the basics of safety and living on board, and all the other adventurers will introduce themselves. The next day we will set sail in the sailing parade out of Coruña, after which we will start the journey further South, towards Lisbon.
During the trip, we will spend time working on our life skills and facing challenges, at the same time we will enjoy the view of the beautiful coastline of Galicia and Portugal. As this leg of the Tall Ship Races is non-competitive, we will even have time to make stops along the way and visit some harbours. Of course, you will also be able to experience the beauty of living on board and participating in all the sailing activities.
On the 4th of September, we will arrive in Lisbon, the capital of Portugal. The city will receive the fleet for the eighth time, promising the festival to be filled with great activities, such as the crew parade and the crew party, in which you will be able to take part.
Additionally, the buzzing city has plenty of interesting and diverse sites of its own, so take some time to visit the squares or monumental buildings with your shipmates, such as Praca do Comercio, the Estrela Basilica, and Castelo de São Jorge. Or wander around some of the more unpredictable districts such as Alfama, where you can enjoy a pastel de nata in a small cafe, or visit the stunning Miradouro de Santa Luzia, from which you have a dazzling view of the harbour where all the ships will be docked.
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Participation in the Sailing Parade going out of Coruña.
- Participation in the crew-only activities in Lisbon, including the crew parade and the crew party.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla t-shirt (fair trade & organic cotton).
- Official Tall Ships Races t-shirt.
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Duration of the trip: 7 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 370NM (~700km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, special drinks.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- If you are coming from far away, you can easily fly to Coruña, or even to Santiago de Compostela (1 hour away). To fly back home, use Lisbon airport.
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what a "private bunk bed" is, about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on this page.