Sailing trip on Atyla ship:
Bilbao – Bilbao (Long + IN SPANISH)
Embarkation: 11th of April at 16:00 — Bilbao
Flexible disembarkation: 18th of April at 19:00 – 19th of April at 13:00 — Bilbao
The perfect trip for those who want to enjoy a proper sailing experience on Atyla, without having to take a flight. Starting and ending in Bilbao, we will follow the wind to use the sails as much as possible and stop at anchor in different places.
OFFER: See here our other trips in Spanish in 2021. Do 2 trips in Spanish, and get a 10% discount on both of them! Book them with the code "OLIVIA".
A truly unique experience, without having to leave your country. On this trip:
- We will set sail right after embarkation (you embark at 16:00 and the ship departs at 19:00).
- We will sail along the coast and in the open ocean.
- We will have time to explore a big part of the Biscay bay with no rush.
- We will anchor in several different places and spend the night there (depending on the weather conditions, possible candidates are Castro Urdiales, Oriñon, Laredo, Santander, San Sebastian, Arcachon, Biarritz/Bayonne, St. Jean de Luz, Pasaia, Urdaibai and Plentzia).
- After coming back to Bilbao, we'll go out for dinner at a nice marine restaurant.
This trip will allow you to forget your "normal life" and feel like an old-time sailor for a week. Dive into the Atlantic Ocean (metaphorically, but also literally if you want) and enjoy a holiday different to anything you've lived before.
Another advantage of this trip is having the same starting and finishing location: Apart from making it easier to travel to the ship and back, this allows us to sail freely, following the wind and going wherever we want. The plan for the trip will be made by the captain after seeing the weather forecast and can be adapted according to the preferences of the people on board.
With 8 days of total duration, we'll have time to explore the whole Basque coast, and depending on the wind maybe also the coast of Cantabria or the French coast (of Nouvelle-Aquitaine).
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla T-shirt (fair trade & organic cotton).
- Restaurant dinner on the last night of the trip. It includes vegetarian/vegan options. If the dinner outside is not possible due to Covid-19, we'll order food and drinks to be delivered to the ship.
- Official language on board: Easy Spanish.
- Duration of the trip: 8 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 325NM (~600km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, drinks from the ship's bar.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what's a "private bunk bed", about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on the right side of this page.