Sailing trip on Atyla ship:
Amsterdam – Delfzijl (DelfSail 2021)
Embarkation: 6th of June at 17:00 — Amsterdam
Disembarkation: 12th of June at 11:00 — Delfzijl
An entire sailing trip without leaving the Netherlands: Sail through the canals of the Amsterdam with Atyla, enjoy some days in the open ocean, participate in the Tall Ships Parade into DelfSail 2021, and be part of the festival activities.
On this trip:
- Our docking spot is close to the city centre (behind the Central Station), making it easy to arrive at the ship and to explore the city.
- We'll go with the wind, to try to sail as much as possible with sails only (no engine).
- We won’t be leaving The Netherlands, so the chances of experiencing limitations due to Covid-19 regulations are low.
After the first night on board, getting to know each other and getting settled on board, we will make our way through the canals of Amsterdam in the morning, which will show the city from an incredible perspective.
Once in the open sea, past the Dutch archipelago, we will enjoy a few days of sailing on the North Sea before we make our way to Delfzijl. This is not a long trip, but we'll still have the opportunity to follow the wind and sail without using the engine for a while.
On arrival, we will be part of the impressive Sailing Parade of the Delf Sail 2021 festival, with many other big sailing ships.
In Delfzijl, you will experience the festival as part of the Atyla-crew and participate in the Crew Parade, Crew Party and other crew-only activities. You can also visit the fascinating MuzeeAquarium, stroll through the typically Dutch city centre, or pass over the dyke and go to the beach! (Some of these activities might be limited if Covid-19 regulations are still in place, but the experience will still be worth it)
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Participation in the Tall Ships Parade Delf Sail 2021 and crew-only activities at the festival.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla T-shirt (fair trade & organic cotton).
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Duration of the trip: 6 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 295NM (~550km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, drinks from the ship's bar.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what's a "private bunk bed", about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on this page.