Sailing excursions on the Bilbao estuary
A short outdoor adventure on an astonishing ship
This is your opportunity of sailing on board this unique ship while contributing to a good cause.
Join the sailing excursions on the Estuary of Bilbao
- Saturday 15th of April 2023 from 16:00 to 19:30
- Sunday 16th of April 2023 from 10:30 to 14:00
- Saturday 20th of May 2023 from 16:00 to 19:30
- Sunday 21st of May 2023 from 10:30 to 14:00
- Saturday 27th of May 2023 from 16:00 to 19:30
- Sunday 28h of May 2023 from 10:30 to 14:00
- Sunday 28h of May 2023 from 16:00 to 19:30
59€ adults, 39€ children (1-12 years old). It includes:
- A glass of Txakoli wine (20cl) or beer/soda/water (33 cl). Extra drinks available at fair prices.
- Traditional Basque elevenses with high-quality local delicacies.
- Live guided tour throughout the trip by a professional guide.
Babies less than 1 year old can join for free and need no reservation.
A 10% of the benefits from these day trips go to Atyla’s Scholarship Fund.
How is the day trip?
Our crew will welcome you on board and explain the basics of the trip, then we’ll leave the mooring and start sailing. During the trip we’ll try to put up some sails, and you can help with that. There’ll be plenty of cool moments for a picture with the coastal background, with the crew, and in different parts of the ship (remember to mention @atyla_ship if you publish them).
Other relevant details:
- The itinerary of the sailing excursion is: Leaving the Bermeo port, sailing in front of the Urdaibai Nature Reserve, then west along the coast until reaching San Juan de Gaztelugatxe. We will spend around 20 minutes in that area to admire the view and take pictures. Then we’ll head back. Total duration is 3.5 hours.
- The food will be served 40 minutes after departure. The complementary drink, you can have it whenever you choose because we will have a ticket to redeem at the ship’s bar.
- There’s a toilet on board you’ll be able to use if you need it.
- Smoking is allowed on deck. Always try not to disturb anyone and never throw the cigarette butt overboard.
- To avoid pollution, drinks come in a reusable Atyla glass for a 2€ deposit (please bring cash). You can return it, or keep it as a souvenir.
- Not being punctual for the departure means losing the ticket.
Spaces are limited. Reserve your excursion here:
Day trip – 15th of April at 16:00
Day trip – 16th of April at 10:30
Day trip – 20th of May at 16:00
Day trip – 21st of May at 10:30
Day trip – 27th of May at 16:00
Day trip – 28th of May at 10:30
Day trip – 28th of May at 10:30
- The duration of each trip is 3.5 hours in total. Embarkation and disembarkation location is the same (see map below).
- Choose the number of adults and click “add to basket“, then come back to this page to add the number of children (if any).
- Our cancellation policy applies.
Embarkation location in Bilbao for the excursions
A unique experience
We go where others don’t. We let you set the sails and feel like a pirate. Our crew takes care of every detail and speak different languages…
A unique ship
For the entire family
An active outdoor activity to enjoy Bilbao differently. Suitable also groups of friends and for families with children.
Frequently asked questions:
What do I need to bring with me?
Also, to avoid damaging the joints of the ship’s wooden deck, shoes with heels of thinner than 4 centimetres are not allowed on board. For comfort, we recommend that you wear sports shoes.
What happens if I'm late?
We’re sorry, but we need to keep the schedule out of respect for the other people on board.
Boarding starts 5 to 10 minutes before departure, please be on time.
What if the excrusion is cancelled due to bad weather?
If we don’t get in touch, that means that the excursion is still going on. Atyla is a sturdy seagoing vessel, and the weather has to look quite bad for us to cancel. If it’s just a bit cold or a bit rainy, get a nice jacket or a raincoat and show up, it’s going to be a fun adventure.
What happens if I need to cancel?
What if the excursion I want is sold out?
Is this activity recommended for families?
What to do if I need to get in touch urgently?
Other questions? Send us a message!
Looking for a REAL adventure? Join as crew for a longer trip
Experience a real adventure by joining our longer trips, living on board and participating in all the activities as a member of the crew.
- A trip for true adventurers
- Sail in the open ocean in just 4 or 5 days
- You don’t need any previous experience
- Open to ages 15 to 75 from any country
- Languages on board English & Spanish
Share this poster
Donate to our charity
Atyla uses 100% of all donations to provide scholarships for people who cannot afford to join our adventure trips.
Buy a gift card
A gift voucher that does not expire and can be used for any of our trips. You can get it immediately and print it or send it digitally, no deliveries required.