Excursions to San Juan de Gaztelugatxe on board historic ship Atyla
A unique experience on a unique sailing ship
This is your opportunity of sailing on board this unique ship while contributing to a good cause.
Join the sailing excursions to San Juan de Gaztelugatxe
- Saturday 22nd of April 2023 from 16:00 to 19:30
- Sunday 23rd of April 2023 from 10:30 to 14:00
- Saturday 29th of April 2023 from 16:00 to 19:30
- Sunday 30th of April 2023 from 10:30 to 14:00
- Monday 1st of May 2023 from 10:30 to 14:00
- Saturday 6th of May 2023 from 16:00 to 19:30
- Sunday 7th of May 2023 from 10:30 to 14:00
- Saturday 13th of May 2023 from 16:00 to 19:30
- Sunday 14th of May 2023 from 10:30 to 14:00
59€ adults, 39€ children (1-12 years old). It includes:
- A glass of Txakoli wine (20cl) or beer/soda/water (33 cl). Extra drinks available at fair prices.
- Traditional Basque elevenses with high-quality local delicacies.
- Live guided tour throughout the trip by a professional guide.
Babies less than 1 year old can join for free and need no reservation.
A 10% of the benefits from these day trips go to Atyla’s Scholarship Fund.
How is the day trip?
Our crew will welcome you on board and explain the basics of the trip, then we’ll leave the mooring and start sailing. During the trip we’ll try to put up some sails, and you can help with that. There’ll be plenty of cool moments for a picture with the coastal background, with the crew, and in different parts of the ship (remember to mention @atyla_ship if you publish them).
Other relevant details:
- The itinerary of the sailing excursion is: Leaving the Bermeo port, sailing in front of the Urdaibai Nature Reserve, then west along the coast until reaching San Juan de Gaztelugatxe. We will spend around 20 minutes in that area to admire the view and take pictures. Then we’ll head back. Total duration is 3.5 hours.
- The food will be served 40 minutes after departure. The complementary drink, you can have it whenever you choose because we will have a ticket to redeem at the ship’s bar.
- There’s a toilet on board you’ll be able to use if you need it.
- Smoking is allowed on deck. Always try not to disturb anyone and never throw the cigarette butt overboard.
- To avoid pollution, drinks come in a reusable Atyla glass for a 2€ deposit (please bring cash). You can return it, or keep it as a souvenir.
- Not being punctual for the departure means losing the ticket.
- The duration of each trip is 3.5 hours in total. Embarkation and disembarkation location is the same (see map below).
- When booking, choose the number of adults and click “add to basket“, then come back to this page to add the number of children (if any).
- Our cancellation policy applies.
Spaces are limited. Reserve your excursion here:
Day trip – 22nd of April at 16:00
Day trip – 23rd of April at 10:30
Day trip – 29th of April at 16:00
Day trip – 30th of April at 10:30
Day trip – 1st of May at 10:30
Day trip – 6th of May at 16:00
Day trip – 7th of May at 10:30
Day trip – 13th of May at 16:00
Day trip – 14th of May at 10:30
Embarkation location in Bermeo for the excursions
A unique experience
We go where others don’t. We let you set the sails and feel like a pirate. Our crew takes care of every detail and speak different languages…
A unique ship
Join as crew for an adventure trip
Experience a real adventure by joining our longer trips, living on board and participating in all the activities as a member of the crew.
- A trip for true adventurers
- Sail in the open ocean in just 4 or 5 days
- You don’t need any previous experience
- Open to ages 15 to 75 from any country
- Languages on board English & Spanish
What is Atyla ship?
A unique ship from Spain that sails around the world
Today, Atyla is the only Spanish wooden ship that regularly participates in international regattas of tall ships and sail training ships. In these regattas, Atyla often receives the prize for the most international crew.
Atyla has been all around Europe, and as far as Russia and Canada in the last 6 years. All of this happens as a charity foundation that promotes life skills like emotional intelligence and intercultural communication.
Pictures & Press
If you are a journalist, and you want to make an article or piece about Atyla, check out our press dossier. If you publish something please let us know; we love to see articles mentioning Atyla!
Share this poster
Donate to our charity
Atyla uses 100% of all donations to provide scholarships for people who cannot afford to join our adventure trips.
Buy a gift card
A gift voucher that does not expire and can be used for any of our trips. You can get it immediately and print it or send it digitally, no deliveries required.