Excursions and visits on board historic ship Atyla in Gijón
See the schedules and book your visit or your day trip here
IMPORTANT UPDATE: VISIT CANCELLED
We’re already working with Turismo Gijón/Xixón on organizing a new visit in 2023 if possible, or otherwise we will plan a visit in Easter 2024 with the same plan as we had for this year.
We apologize to anyone that can be affected by this change of plans. Everyone who had a reservation for either a visit, an excursion or an adventure trip will receive an email about this cancellation in the next days, and will of course be able to obtain a full refund.
Thanks to everyone who worked hard to make this visit possible, and everyone that showed interest in Atyla’s visit, we’ll see you all soon, and latest in Easter 2024.
The ship is run by a charity, and all activities organized in Gijón are charitable, so apart from living a unique experience, you’ll be contributing to a good cause.
Join the Facebook event of the visit and participate in a giveaway of free Atyla t-shirts!
Activities on board Atyla
Visits to the ship
Coastal day trips
Adventure trips as crew
Location of Atyla ship in Gijón:
Open doors! Visit the ship
When? From 11:00 to 14:00 on the 1st, 2nd, 6th, 7th and 8th of April.
Booking online in advance: 3.5€ adults, 1.5€ children (4-12 years old)
Booking in person: 5€ adults, 3€ children (4-12 years old)
Under 4 years olds can join for free and need no reservation.
All these amounts, and any donations, go to our Scholarship Fund.
How is the visit? Our crew will welcome you on board and play a video that shows the ship in action. Then you’ll be able to walk around the deck and read several banners with interesting information and engaging questions.
You can also take pictures in front of the helm, or wherever you want. If you post them on social media, please mention us: @atyla_ship.
Access to the ship’s interiors is normally not allowed, but you can look through the windows to see how it looks inside or see them here.
Spaces are limited. Book your visit to the ship here:
Visit the ship 1st of April
Visit the ship 2nd of April
Visit the ship 6th of April
Visit the ship 7th of April
Visit the ship 8th of April
Note: This booking allows you to visit the ship one time on that day, whenever you choose between 11:00 and 14:00.
Choose the number of adults and click “add to basket“, then come back to this page to add the number of children (if any).
Coastal day trips in Gijón
- 1st of April 2023 from 16:00 to 19:00
- 2nd of April 2023 from 16:00 to 19:00
- 3rd of April 2023 from 17:00 to 20:00
- 4th of April 2023 from 17:30 to 20:30
- 5th of April 2023 from 17:30 to 20:30
- 6th of April 2023 from 17:00 to 20:00
- 7th of April 2023 from 17:00 to 20:00
- 8th of April 2023 from 17:00 to 20:00
- 9th of April 2023 from 11:00 to 14:00
- 9th of April 2023 from 17:00 to 20:00
59€ adults, 35€ children (1-12 years old). It includes a glass of beer/soda/water (33 cl). Extra drinks are available at fair prices.
Babies less than 1 year old can join for free and need no reservation.
A 10% of the benefits from these day trips go to our Scholarship Fund.
How is the day trip?
Our crew will welcome you on board and explain the basics of the trip, then we’ll leave the mooring and start sailing. During the trip we’ll try to put up some sails, and you can help with that. There’ll be plenty of cool moments for a picture with the coastal background, with the crew, and in different parts of the ship (remember to mention @atyla_ship if you publish them).
Other relevant details:
- The itinerary of the sailing excursion is: Sailing east, all around the bay of Gijón. Passing in front of the beaches of Poniente, San Lorenzo and Peñarrubia, going around the Tortuga islet and turning around at the Islotes de las Gemelas.
- Not being punctual for the departure means losing the ticket.
- There’s a toilet on board you’ll be able to use if you need it.
- Smoking is allowed on deck. Always try not to disturb anyone and never throw the cigarette butt overboard.
- To avoid pollution, drinks come in a reusable Atyla glass that you’ll get for a €2 deposit (please bring cash). You can return it, or keep it as a souvenir.
Spaces are limited. Reserve your excursion here:
Day trip – 1st of April at 16:00
Day trip – 2nd of April at 16:00
Day trip – 3rd of April at 17:00
Day trip – 4th of April at 17:30
Day trip – 5th of April at 17:30
Day trip – 6th of April at 17:00
Day trip – 7th of April at 17:00
Day trip – 8th of April at 17:00
Day trip – 9th of April at 11:00
Day trip – 9th of April at 17:00
- The duration of each trip is 3 hours in total.
- Choose the number of adults and click “add to basket“, then come back to this page to add the number of children (if any).
- Our cancellation policy applies.
Join as crew for an adventure trip
- A trip for true adventurers
- Sail in the open ocean in just 4 or 5 days
- You don’t need any previous experience
- Open to ages 15 to 75 from any country
- Languages on board English & Spanish
What is Atyla ship?
A unique ship from Spain that sails around the world
Today, Atyla is the only Spanish wooden ship that regularly participates in international regattas of tall ships and sail training ships. In these regattas, Atyla often receives the prize for the most international crew.
Atyla has been all around Europe, and as far as Russia and Canada in the last 6 years. All of this happens as a charity foundation that promotes life skills like emotional intelligence and intercultural communication.
Pictures & Press
If you are a journalist, and you want to make an article or piece about Atyla, check out our press dossier. If you publish something please let us know; we love to see articles mentioning Atyla!
Share this poster
Hang up this poster (max. size DinA3) or post it on social media to help more people know about our visit to Gijón.
Donate to our charity
Atyla uses 100% of all donations to provide scholarships for people who cannot afford to join our adventure trips.
Buy a gift card
A gift voucher that does not expire and can be used for any of our trips. You can get it immediately and print it or send it digitally, no deliveries required.