Sailing trip on Atyla ship:
Turku – Tallinn (Tall Ship Races 2021)
Embarkation: 7th of July at 17:00 — Turku
Disembarkation: 17th of July at 11:00 — Tallinn
During this leg of the Tall Ship Races 2021, we will sail from Finland to Estonia, and with the parade included, with an estimated 8 days of travelling and with stops in several ports, it will be an unforgettable trip!
You will be welcomed on the Atyla in the beautiful city of Turku in Finland by the crew and your fellow shipmates. You will be prepared for the upcoming trip and spend some time getting to know each other, the ship, and if there is time, you can set out together and enjoy the last day of the festival in the city.
The next day we will start making our way through the Turku archipelago and you will learn all about setting the sails, navigating and manoeuvring the ship. Moreover, we will make good use of the time we have and work on life skills. The challenges that come with for example living onboard, being an international group, and reflecting on our strengths and weaknesses, will help you learn about personal development and general life skills.
Since this leg is not a race, but the “Cruise in Company” of the Tall Ships Races, on our way to Tallinn, we will have time to visit some ports along the Finnish coast and enjoy the beauty of the islands, the old wooden towns, stone churches and the local food.
Around the 15th of July, we will arrive in the capital of Estonia; the history-rich Tallinn. With the first settlement dated around 3000 BCE, the city has plenty of cultural and historical sights you and your fellow adventurers can explore. Take some time to see the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Old Town, one of the more than 60 museums and galleries, or indulge in some traditional Estonian cuisine like marzipan or the seafood dish Vürtsikilu.
Of course, we will also take part in the festivities of the Tall Ship Races and join the Crew parade, the Crew party and many more activities together with the crews of all the other ships!
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Participation in the Sailing Parade going out of Turku.
- Participation in the crew-only activities in Tallinn, including the crew parade and the crew party.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla t-shirt (fair trade & organic cotton).
- Official Tall Ships Races 2021 t-shirt
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Duration of the trip: 10 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 270NM (~500km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, special drinks.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- If you are coming from far away, you can easily fly to Turku airport. After the trip you can easily fly back from Tallinn.
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what a "private bunk bed" is, about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on this page.