Sailing trip on Atyla ship:
Tallinn – Mariehamn (Tall Ships Races 2021)
Embarkation: 17th of July at 17:00 — Tallinn
Disembarkation: 24th of July at 11:00 — Mariehamn
Join Atyla in the second race of the Tall Ship Races! We will sail from Estonia, after the nice “sailing parade”, towards the idyllic Mariehamn in Finland. Sail over the Baltic Sea to the Åland islands and be part of this amazing regatta.
After embarking the ship on the 17th of July, you will meet the crew and the other participants, and learn the first things about basic safety to ready everyone for the race. The lovely city of Tallinn has enough to see, so if you have the time it is recommended to spend some time looking around.
After an impressive sailing parade with all the other ships, we will sail across the Baltic Sea towards the autonomous Finnish province of Åland. During your time on board, you will take part in Atyla’s challenges program and enjoy the aspects that make sailing such a unique experience in-depth, such as emotional intelligence and intercultural communication.
You will also be able to savour the beauty of sailing whilst rotating in a watch system, during which you will set the sails, steer the ship, see lovely sunsets or sunrises, and the enjoy the calm moments on board together with the rest of the participants.
After 140 nautical miles, we will arrive in Mariehamn. Mariehamn is part of the intricate sailing community in Åland, as it is the home port of the world’s last fleet of commercial
Windjammers. Old sailing tales are still told in the first person by some of the citizens. You can learn more by visiting the Maritime Museum, or meeting the students on the training ship Albanus! Of course, you will also be able to join the Tall Ship Races events and all the festivities that are organised in the city.
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Participation in the Sailing Parade going out of Tallinn.
- Participation in the crew-only activities in Mariehamn, including the crew parade and the crew party.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla t-shirt (fair trade & organic cotton).
- Official Tall Ships Races 2021 t-shirt
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Duration of the trip: 7 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 210NM (~400km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, special drinks.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- If you are coming from far away, you can easily fly to Tallinn. You can fly home from the airport of Mariehamn.
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what a "private bunk bed" is, about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on this page.