Sailing trip on Atyla ship:
Sailing trip around the Azores Islands
Embarkation: 6th of October at 16:00 — Ponta Delgada
Disembarkation: 12th of October at 11:00 — Ponta Delgada
Explore the paradisian Azores with stops in the islands of Faial and Terceira, and sailing around the islands of Pico, São Jorge and São Miguel. Join us for a lovely mix of sailing on our wooden ship, snorkelling and hiking in breathtaking nature.
We will visit the famous spot in Horta (Faial Island) where, according to the tradition, we will make a painting of the ship on the walls to remember the first visit of the ship to the archipelago (see picture).
Then we will go to Terceira, where we’ll enjoy a city tour with some local friends and some hiking in the magnificent nature of the island before returning to São Miguel to sail around the island before coming back to Ponta Delgada.
Along the entire way, we will try to stop at anchor at a couple of places, to go for a swim around the ship or on a beach nearby, and enjoy some snorkelling in these waters full of marine life. During the sailing, we will also try to spot some of the many cetaceans in the area.
All the islands in the Azores are unique in their own way. Whereas some have lively and bustling cities with countless nice cafes and streets, other islands give you an incredible ‘edge-of-the-world’ feeling, with cute villages and lots of local culinary specialities to try out.
After arriving back to Ponta Delgada on the 10th of October, we will spend the last night in the harbour and enjoy a night out before departing the day after.
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla T-shirt (fair trade & organic cotton).
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Duration of the trip: 6 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 350NM (~650km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, special drinks.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- If you are coming from far away for can fly directly to Ponta Delgada airport.
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what a "private bunk bed" is, about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on the right side of this page.