Sailing trip on Atyla ship:
Mariehamn – Szczecin (Tall Ship Races ’21)
Embarkation: 24th of July at 17:00 — Mariehamn
Disembarkation: 2th of August at 11:00 — Szczecin
The last leg of the Tall Ship Races 2021, from Finland to Poland. Enjoy the beautiful parade on board Atyla, and the sail the ship for 500 nautical miles before entering the beautiful Szczecin Lagoon!
Hosted by two wonderful cities, the last leg of this years’ Tall Ship Races promises to be an incredible trip. You will join Atyla in Mariehamn, a city with a deeply ingrained maritime history. After meeting the crew and learning the first things about basic safety, you can set out with your shipmates to experience the last day of the festival.
On the 25th of July, the voyage will start. We will depart from Mariehamn together with the other ships during an impressive sailing parade, and sail South, towards Poland. During the trip, you will not only take part in sail training, but you will also be able to enjoy Atyla’s challenges and improve your life skills, making the journey even more exciting and meaningful.
After almost a week at sea, and sailing through the impressive Szczecin Lagoon, we will arrive in Szczecin; the ‘Floating Garden’ of Poland. This major seaport has an abundance of canals, greenery and lovely architecture.
Between the lively activities of the Tall Ship Races, such as the Crew Parade and the Crew Party, you can explore the cities’ boulevards, historical sites, parks, or the Underground City Trails with your fellow participants.
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Participation in the Sailing Parade going out of Mariehamn.
- Participation in the crew-only activities in Szczecin, including the crew parade and the crew party.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla t-shirt (fair trade & organic cotton).
- Official Tall Ships Races 2021 t-shirt
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Duration of the trip: 9 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 500NM (~940km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, special drinks.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- If you are coming from far away, you can easily fly to the If you are coming from far away, you can easily fly to the airport of Mariehamn. After the trip you can fly back home directly from Szczecin, or from Berlin (2.5 hours away).
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what a "private bunk bed" is, about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on this page.