Sailing trip on Atyla ship:
Lisbon – Cadiz (Tall Ships Races Magellan-Elcano 500 Series 2021)
Embarkation: 4th of September at 17:00 — Lisbon
Disembarkation: 11th of September at 11:00 — Cadiz
Sail from Portugal to Spain on the last leg of the world most famous regatta. The trip includes the spectacular sailing parade leaving Lisbon (see picture).
During this leg, we will sail from the capital of Portugal to the oldest city of Spain. It will be the last leg in the Tall Ship Races, so we will make sure to make the most of it! After your arrival in Lisbon, you will get to know the crew and the other participants. Later, you will also be taught the basic of safety before we sail out, forming a parade with the other big ships.
The favourable west-to-east winds will help us sail to Cadiz and fully enjoy all the aspect of the sail training. It will also allow us to thoroughly experience and discover all the challenges that come with living and sailing on board. Together with the crew and the other participants, you will work on life skills and personal development, both individually and as a group.
Cadiz, the city which is said to be around 3000 years old, will welcome the fleet’s arrival with plenty of festivities. We will take part in the Crew Parade and the Crew Party, amongst other festival activities. You can also spend some time exploring the city; the Old Town, which is completely surrounded by water, one of the many museums, cathedrals, and historical theatres. The nice, warm weather might also tempt you to visit one of the nearby beaches, some of the cleanest in Europe, or wander around the festival and visit the other impressive ships.
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Participation in the Sailing Parade going out of Lisbon.
- Participation in the crew-only activities in Cadiz, including the crew parade and the crew party.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla t-shirt (fair trade & organic cotton).
- Official Tall Ships Races t-shirt.
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Duration of the trip: 7 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 270NM (~500km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, special drinks.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- If you are coming from far away, use Lisbon airport on the way there, and Jerez de la Frontera airport (40 minutes away) on the way back.
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what a "private bunk bed" is, about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on this page.