Sailing trip on Atyla ship:
Klaipeda – Turku (Tall Ships Races 2021)
Embarkation: 29th of June at 17:00 — Klaipeda
Disembarkation: 7th of July at 11:00 — Turku
Join the first racing leg of the Tall Ship Races 2021 and sail from Lithuania to Finland. Explore the Baltic Sea and the amazing Turku archipelago with us and be part of the biggest competition of traditional ships!
During the Tall Ship Races 2021, big sailing ships from all over the world will come to the Baltic Sea. Join the first leg of the regatta and make new international friends.
You will embark in Klaipeda, the most important harbour of Lithuania. On that day you will meet all the other participants and crew, and we will get ready for the race.
The next day we will enjoy the magnificent Sailing Parade, with all the ships leaving at the same time. Once we get to the open sea, the race will start and we will hoist our sails and turn our engine off.
Next to the traditional sail training, you will also improve your life skills as part of our program, with the help of our crew (which includes a coach) and through many challenges on board.
We expect to arrive on the 5th of July. After passing through the stunning Turku archipelago, we will be welcomed by the Finnish city for the crew parade, the crew party, concerts and many other activities.
You can use this opportunity to explore the oldest city in Finland and visit for example the famous Turunlinna castle and the maritime museum, or just wander around the festival with your shipmates before you leave the ship on the 7th of July.
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Participation in the Tall Ships Parade going out of Klaipeda
- Participation in the crew-only activities in Turku, including the crew parade and the crew party.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla T-shirt (fair trade & organic cotton).
- Official Tall Ships Races 2021 t-shirt.
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Duration of the trip: 8 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 320NM (~600km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, drinks from the ship's bar.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- If you are coming from far away, you can fly to the airport of Palanga and then take either a taxi or a bus to Klaipeda. To go home, you can fly back from Turku airport.
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what a "private bunk bed" is, about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on this page.