Sailing trip on Atyla ship:
Kiel – Klaipeda (TSR Klaipeda 2021)
Embarkation: 22th of June at 17:00 — Kiel
Disembarkation: 29th of June at 11:00 — Klaipeda
Sail from the “Kieler Woche” (Kiel’s week) in Germany to Lithuania on Atyla. Enjoy some nice sailing in the Baltic, meeting other ships along the way, and be part of the Tall Ships Races festival in the first port of 2021.
After arriving on Atyla, you will spend a day in the German city of Kiel. Get to know the crew and other participants, and learn the basics of safety to prepare for the trip. You will also be able to enjoy the last day of Kiel’s Week Festival 2021, walking around and seeing other ships.
We will set sail on the 23th of June and make our way to the east. This is the first time Atyla visit this area of the Baltic (Poland, Kaliningrad, Lithuania), so we are exceptionally excited to do this trip.
After a few days with a lot of sailing, taking the ship's wheel in turns, and facing many challenges, we will be welcomed by the port of Klaipeda, the most important harbour in Lithuania.
On our arrival, the first festivities of the Tall Ship Races 2021 will begin, allowing you to enjoy the activities at the festival as part of Atyla’s crew. Additionally, you can pay a visit to the Old Town with its characteristic Fachwerk houses, or go to their fantastic Maritime Museum.
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Participation in the crew-only activities of the Tall Ships Races 2021 in Klaipeda.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla T-shirt (organic cotton & fair trade).
- Official Tall Ships Races 2021 T-shirt.
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Duration of the trip: 7 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 400NM (~750km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, drinks from the ship's bar.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- If you are coming from far away, you can fly either to the small airport of Kiel, or to Hamburg (about an hour away). To go home after the trip, you can take a taxi or a bus to Palanga airport (30 minutes from Klaipeda).
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what's a "private bunk bed", about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on this page.