Sailing trip on Atyla ship:
Falmouth – Coruña (Tall Ships Races Magellan-Elcano 2021)
Embarkation: 18th of August at 17:00 — Falmouth
Disembarkation: 28th of August at 11:00 — Coruña
Join the amazing Tall Ships Races. After a beautiful sailing parade, we will sail through the Biscay Bay and race the other ships from the UK to Spain using only the wind. NO VISA NEEDED FOR UK or EU CITIZENS.
The trip will start with one night in Falmouth to explore the festival and the city. The next morning we’ll be part of the sailing parade, together with the other ships along the coastline of Cornwall.
Right after the parade, we'll turn off the engine, and the race will start, all the way to A Coruña.
During the trip, we'll enjoy the challenges that are part of our programme. The challenges of living on board, manoeuvering the ship, facing the weather... and those proposed by the crew to reflect on our strengths and our weaknesses, both as a group and as individuals.
After approximately 7 days at sea, we will arrive in Coruña, the lively port located in Galicia. Here we will join the festivities of the Tall Ship Races and be part of the Crew Parade, the prize-giving ceremony, the Crew Party, and many other activities for-crews-only.
During the days in the port, you and your shipmates will have time to wander around the city and visit the other ships as members of the Atyla crew.
In the city, you can visit the grand Plaza of Maria Pita, with its characteristic galleries and notorious history, or try some of the fish and the seafood at a local restaurant.
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Participation in the Sailing Parade going out of Falmouth.
- Participation in the crew-only activities in Coruña, including the crew parade and the crew party.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla Crew t-shirt (fair trade & organic cotton).
- Official Tall Ships Races t-shirt.
- According to the after-Brexit laws, UK citizens don't need a visa to travel to the EU and viceversa. Official info here.
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Duration of the trip: 10 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 450NM (~835km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, special drinks.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- If you are coming from far away, you can fly to the small Cornwall Airport (1 hour away) or to Bristol Airport (3 hours away). To go back you can use A Coruña Airport. If you don't find connections, there is a bigger airport in Santiago de Compostela (1 hour away).
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what a "private bunk bed" is, about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on this page.