Sailing trip on Atyla ship:
Dunkirk – Coruña (Tall Ships Races Magellan-Elcano 500 Series 2021)
Embarkation: 14th of August at 17:00 — Dunkirk
Disembarkation: 28th of August at 11:00 — Coruña
Join Atyla in the first leg of 2020’s postponed Tall Ship Races! After a beautiful sailing parade, we will sail halfway across Europe and race the other ships from France to Spain, through the Biscay Bay.
The trip will start with one night in Dunkirk to explore the festival and the city. The next morning we’ll be part of the sailing parade, together with the other ships along the coastline of Dunkirk and into the open sea.
During the trip, we'll enjoy the challenges that are part of our programme to improve our life skills. The challenges of living on board, manoeuvering the ship, facing the weather... and those proposed by the crew to reflect on our strengths and our weaknesses, both as a group and as individuals.
After approximately 11 days at sea, we will arrive in Coruña, the lively port located in Galicia. Here we will join the festivities of the Tall Ship Races and be part of the Crew Parade, the prize-giving ceremony, the Crew Party, and many other activities for-crews-only.
During the days in the port, you and your shipmates will have time to wander around the city and visit the other ships as members of the Atyla-crew. Take some time to visit the grand Plaza Maria Pita, with its characteristic galleries and notorious history, or try some fish from a local store.
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Participation in the Sailing Parade going out of Dunkirk.
- Participation in the crew-only activities in Coruña, including the crew parade and the crew party.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla t-shirt (fair trade & organic cotton).
- Official Tall Ships Races t-shirt.
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Duration of the trip: 14 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 700NM (~1300km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, special drinks.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- If you are coming from far away, you can fly to Lille (1 hour away). To go back you can use the airport of A Coruña. If you don't find connections, there is a bigger airport in Santiago de Compostela (1 hour away).
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what a "private bunk bed" is, about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on this page.