Sailing trip on Atyla ship:
Delfzijl – Kiel (Kieler Woche 2021)
Embarkation: 12th of June at 17:00 — Delfzijl
Disembarkation: 22th of June at 11:00 — Kiel
From the Netherlands to Germany, connecting two maritime festivals.
Experience the sailing parade leaving DelfSail 2021, then some days of free sailing, the experience of crossing the Kiel Canal, and some days at Kiel’s Week 2021.
When you arrive at Atyla, the Delf Sail festival 2021 will still be in full swing, so you will be able to enjoy the festivities with your new shipmates. The next day we will take part in the Sail Out Parade with all the other ships and wave the Dutch city goodbye, making our way to Germany.
Since we have some extra time, we will sail freely in the North Sea, setting the course depending on the wind, and turning the engine off, before going towards the Kiel Canal.
This canal that connects the Atlantic and the Baltic is one of the busiest in the world. Sailing through it is quite an interesting experience in which we will come across many ships and go through several locks.
We will arrive in Kiel on the 18th of June, during the "Kieler Woche", one of the biggest sail events in Europe. This famous festival attracts thousands of visitors and ships every year. In 2021, it will be a great celebration, even if the potential Covid-19 restrictions make a bit more "exclusive".
We will spend several days there, welcoming visitors on the deck to tell them about our mission (of course, only if the Covid situation allows it, and always with the required safety and hygiene measures). You will have plenty of time to visit the many ships that come together for the festival, to look around the international market and to enjoy the free music concerts.
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Participation in the sailing parade out of Delf Sail 2021 on board Atyla.
- Participation in the Kiel’s week 2021 Festival as part of Atyla’s crew.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla T-shirt (organic cotton & fair trade).
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Duration of the trip: 10 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 270NM (~500km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, drinks from the ship's bar.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- To get to the harbour of Delfzijl, you can fly to Groningen (1 hour away) or to Bremen (3 hours away). After the trip, you can fly back from the small airport of Kiel, or from Hamburg (1 hour away).
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what's a "private bunk bed", about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on this page.