Sailing trip on Atyla ship:
Tenerife (Canaries) – Ponta Delgada (Azores)
Embarkation: 25th of September at 16:00 — Santa Cruz (Tenerife)
Disembarkation: 6th of October at 11:00 — Ponta Delgada (São Miguel Island)
An incredible sailing trip from the Canary Islands to the Azores, from one paradise to the other. If the wind is good, along the way we’ll also make a nice stop in Madeira to admire its beauty.
The voyage will start in Santa Cruz, the lively capital of Tenerife where, after meeting the other adventurers and getting settled on board, you'll have a chance to go explore the city. The next day we will start making our way to the Azores.
During the trip, you will experience all the joys of sailing on Atyla. The breathtaking sunsets and sunrises, taking the wheel, setting the sails, making friends from different places, and facing interesting challenges along the way. You might even climb up the rigging if you are up for it.
If the weather allows it, we will make a short stop at Funchal (Madeira) along the way, and also at the tiny Santa Maria Island before arriving.
On the 4th of October, we will arrive at São Miguel Island. The Azores are known for their paradise-like nature. These volcanic islands that are “off the beaten path”, offer amazing landscapes worth exploring with your fellow adventurers. Ponta Delgada has a welcoming and culturally diverse community, making it a fascinating city, and fitting to celebrate the end of the trip together.
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla T-shirt (fair trade & organic cotton).
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Duration of the trip: 10 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 755NM (~1400km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, special drinks.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- If you are coming from far away, you can fly either to Tenerife North airport (10 minutes away), or to Tenerife South airport (40 minutes away). To fly back Ponta Delgada airport connects you to the world.
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what a "private bunk bed" is, about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on this page.