Cadiz – Tenerife (Canary Islands)
Embarkation: 11th of September at 16:00 — Cadiz
Disembarkation: 20th of September at 11:00 — Santa Cruz (Tenerife)
Come on board Atyla and sail from Cadiz to the Canary Islands. Delight in lovely weather and nice sailing on the Atlantic Ocean during this voyage.
790€ / 1250€
You will join Atyla in Cadiz, one of the oldest cities in Europe. With its rich history, diverse culture, and monumental buildings, it is definitely worth visiting the city upon arrival. After you meet the crew and the other participants, you can head out together and enjoy some time in Cadiz before departure.
The next day we will start our voyage to the Canaries! Underway you will learn all about setting the sails, navigating, taking the rudder, and rotating in the watch system. If the weather allows it, we will make a stop in Lanzarote. The volcanic island was the home port of Atyla in the 90’s.
The trip will end in the port of Santa Cruz, in Tenerife. The island has an amazing atmosphere, with its lovely coloured houses, historic buildings, and lively streets and markets. Set out to explore the city with your shipmates and visit the bustling Mercado de Nuestra Senora de Africa, one of the impressive Baroque churches, or a nice cafe for a drink.
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Participation in the Sailing Parade going out of Cadiz.
- Certificated participation in Atyla’s personal development program
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Official Tall Ships Races 2020-21 T-shirt.
- Official Atyla T-shirt.
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Exact location of the embarkation & disembarkation.
- Detailed timeline of the trip.
- If you are coming from far away, you can fly to the airport of Jerez de la Frontera (about 40 minutes away). To go back home after the trip, you can either use the Tenerife North Airport (only 10 minutes away), or the Tenerife South Airport (40 minutes away).