Sailing trip on Atyla ship:
Cadiz – Tenerife (Canary Islands)
Embarkation: 11th of September at 17:00 — Cadiz
Flexible disembarkation: 19th or 20th of September at 11:00 — Santa Cruz (Tenerife)
An awe-inspiring trip with high chances of favourable winds, and including the sailing parade in Cadiz. Delight in lovely weather and proper sailing on the Atlantic Ocean during this voyage.
You will join Atyla in Cadiz, one of the oldest cities in Europe. With its rich history, diverse culture, and monumental buildings, it is definitely worth visiting the city upon arrival. After you meet the crew and the other participants, you can head out together and enjoy some time in Cadiz before departure.
The next day we will start our voyage to the Canaries, but before, we will leave the port in a sailing parade with all the other participating tall ships, creating an spectacle for everyone involved.
On the trip you will learn all about setting the sails, navigating, taking the steering wheel, and rotating in the watch system. If the weather allows it, we will make a stop in Lanzarote. This volcanic island was the homeport of Atyla in the ’90s.
The trip will end in the port of Santa Cruz, in Tenerife. The island has an amazing atmosphere, with its lovely coloured houses, historic buildings, and lively streets and markets. Set out to explore the city with your shipmates and visit the bustling Mercado de Nuestra Senora de Africa, one of the impressive Baroque churches, or sit in a terrace for a drink.
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Participation in the Sailing Parade going out of Cadiz.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla t-shirt (fair trade & organic cotton).
- Official Tall Ships Races t-shirt.
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Duration of the trip: 9 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 720NM (~1350km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, special drinks.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- If you are coming from far away, you can fly to Jerez de la Frontera (40 minutes away). To come back home after the trip you can fly either to Tenerife North airport (10 minutes away), or to Tenerife South airport (40 minutes away).
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what a "private bunk bed" is, about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on this page.