Bilbao – Amsterdam
Embarkation: 27th of May at 16:00 — Bilbao
Disembarkation: 6th of June at 11:00 — Amsterdam
From our home port in the Basque Country, sailing through France (near the coast of Bretagne, Normandie…), the Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey…) and Belgium before arriving in the capital of the Netherlands through its famous canals.
Enjoy sailing along the coast and on the open ocean, anchoring to go for a swim along the way, and taking the wheel of a majestic sailing ship.
On this trip we'll have a bit of everything:
- We'll descend the Estuary of Bilbao's river, all the way from the centre until the sea, passing through the different landmarks (the famous Vizcaya Bridge, Santurtzi, Getxo...)
- We'll sail in the middle of the sea (Biscay bay, English Channel, North Sea) and we'll sail along the coast and between islands (mostly through France and the Channel Islands).
- We'll do one or two stops along the way, anchoring somewhere near the coast to go for a swim, and to visit an off-the-beaten-track place (for example an island or a small coastal town).
- We'll sail through some amazing Dutch canals, all the way from IJmuiden to Amsterdam, to see a completely different landscape.
This trip is our small homage to the city of Amsterdam after the very sad cancellation of Sail Amsterdam 2020 because of the pandemic. Our mooring place will be at the city centre, behind the central station, and (unless Covid-19 prevents it) we'll welcome visitors on board to show them the ship and tell them about our adventures.
Before disembarking, you will have a couple of days to explore the city. Visit for example some of the most famous museums in the country, like the Van Gogh Museum or the Rijksmuseum. You can also set out with your shipmates (some of which might be from Amsterdam) to find the more unique spots in the city. Maybe you decide to rent a bike and move around like a true local?
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Safety equipment on board.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Certificated participation on our Personal development program
- Official Atyla T-shirt.
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Duration of the trip: 10 days.
- Lenght of the trip (estimated): 802NM (~1500km).
- Not included: Transfers to and from the ship, expenses ashore, special drinks.
- Check the locations for embarkation and disembarkation.
- Check the timeline planned for the trip.
- If you are coming from far away, this trip is perfect for you. Both Bilbao and Amsterdam have important airports with lots of connections nearby.
- Do you have doubts about what to bring, about what's a "private bunk bed, about the other people on board...? Check out our FAQ on the right side of this page.