Klaipeda – Turku (Tall Ship Races 2021)
Embarkation: 29th of June at 16:00 — Klaipeda
Disembarkation: 7th of July at 11:00 — Turku
Join the first racing leg of the Tall Ship Races 2021 and sail from Klaipeda to Turku. Explore the Baltic Sea with us and be part of the biggest sailing event of the year!
920€ – 1350€
During the Tall Ship Races 2021, tall ships from all over the world will visit the Baltic Sea. Join the first leg of the race and discover new intercultural relations, the marvellous archipelago of Turku, and the exciting challenges of sailing on board with us!
You will embark in Klaipeda, Lithuania, which is the only completely ice-free harbour in the country, making it the most important harbour of Lithuania. You will meet all the other participants and crew, and prepare for the race the next day.
After a magnificent Sail Out the next day, the race will start and we will hoist our sails! Next to the traditional sail training, you will also improve your life skills as part of our program, with the help of our crew (which includes a coach) and through the given challenges. After having sailed 250 nautical miles, you will have experienced the life at sea as well as your own personal growth.
We expect to arrive on the 5th of July in Turku. After having passed through the stunning archipelago, the ships will be welcomed by the Finnish city for the crew parade, crew party, and many other activities. You will have time to explore the oldest city in Finland and visit the Turunlinna castle, the maritime museum, or just wander around the festival with your shipmates, before you depart the ship on the 7th of July.
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Participation in the Tall Ships Parade going out of Klaipeda
- Certificated participation in Atyla’s Personal Development Program
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Participation in the crew-only activities in Turku, including the crew parade and the crew party.
- Official Atyla T-shirt (new design 2020).
- Official Tall Ships Races 2020 T-shirt.
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Exact location of the embarkation & disembarkation.
- Detailed timeline of the trip.
- If you are coming from far away, you can easily fly to the airport of Palanga, from which you can take either a taxi or a bus to Klaipeda. To go home, you can fly back from Turku airport.