Dunkirk – Coruña (Tall Ship Races 2020-21)
Embarkation: 14th of August at 16:00 — Dunkirk
Disembarkation: 28th of August at 11:00 — Coruña
Join Atyla in the first leg of 2020’s postponed Tall Ship Races! We will sail halfway across Europe and race the other ships from France to Spain, through the Biscay Bay.
1455€ – 2250€
The trip will start with one night in Dunkirk to explore the festival and the city. The next morning we’ll be part of the sailing parade, together with the other ships along the coastline of Dunkirk and into the open sea.
During the trip, we'll enjoy the challenges that are part of our programme to improve our life skills. The challenges of living on board, manoeuvering the ship, facing the weather... and those proposed by the crew to reflect on our strengths and our weaknesses, both as a group and as individuals.
After approximately 11 days at sea, we will arrive in Coruña, the lively port located in Galicia. Here we will join the festivities of the Tall Ship Races and be part of the Crew Parade, the prize-giving ceremony, the Crew Party, and many other activities for-crews-only.
During the days in the port, you and your shipmates will have time to wander around the city and visit the other ships as members of the Atyla-crew. Take some time to visit the grand Plaza Maria Pita, with its characteristic galleries and notorious history, or try some fish from a local store.
- Accommodation with full board and a private bunk bed.
- Participation in the Sailing Parade going out of Dunkirk
- Certificated participation in Atyla’s personal development programme
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Participation in the crew-only activities in Coruña, including the crew parade and the crew party.
- Official Atyla T-shirt.
- Official Tall Ships Races 2020-21 T-shirt.
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Exact location of the embarkation & disembarkation.
- Detailed timeline of the trip.
- If you are coming from far away, you can fly to the airport of Lille (1 hour away). To fly back you can use the airport of Coruña. If there are no connections, the airport of Santiago de Compostela is only 1 hour away.